Hilti DSH 600-22 Cut-Off Saw Kicks the Gas Habit
It’s an exciting time in power tool development as more tools make the jump from gas to battery power. One of the most challenging categories is power cutters, and the Hilti Nuron Battery Cut-Off Saw takes on those challenges head-on.
Hilti Nuron Battery Cut-Off Saw DSH 600-22 | The Big Deal
Battery-powered cut-off saws aren’t very widespread and full-size models are even rarer. Even among the few options out there, Hilti is unusual in that this model uses a pair of 22V Nuron batteries (44V total) to run its 12-inch blade.
Don’t mistake it as underpowered, though. According to Hilti’s data, the DSH 600-22 has power equivalent to a 60cc gas engine. It’s a suitable replacement for the DSH 600-X.
When it comes to runtime, expect two sets of B 22-170 batteries (four total) to run a similar amount of trigger time to a full tank of gas. Of course, you don’t have the oil/gas mixing, fumes, noise, or maintenance of a gas engine. It’s also a great solution when you need full power when cutting in indoor scenarios.
In this small but competitive class, it’s worth noting that Hilti’s cut-off saw is 12 inches and that there are a couple of 14-inch options. However, those saws are much more expensive, even when you throw in a couple of Nuron high-capacity batteries. When it comes to getting the most bang for your buck, Hilti is an attractive option unless you absolutely need the capacity of a 14-inch saw.
You can read more about Hilti’s Nuron benefits here . For now, here’s a quick overview:
- Beefier electrical connections, 21700 cells, and better cooling that leads to higher current potential and higher performance
- Nuron batteries collect data from the tool and deliver it to the cloud when on a charger
- Battery level indicator lights up when you pull the trigger
- Battery health indicator
- 19.6 pounds bare, 26.5 pounds with two B 22-170 batteries and 12-inch blade
- Table 1 compliant when used with available water supply
- Compatible with bonded abrasive or diamond cut-off blades
Hilti Nuron Battery Cut-Off Saw DSH600-22 Price
Contact your local Hilti dealer to get your hands on this impressive battery-powered power cutter. As a bare tool, it starts at $1049 or $45.50 monthly in Hilti’s fleet management program . From there, it’s all about how you want to configure the tool to your needs.
- 2.50Ah (B 22-54): $84.00 each (not recommeded due to limited runtime)
- 3.95 Ah (B 22-85): $114 each (not recommeded due to limited runtime)
- 7.90Ah (B 22-170): $174 each (best balance of weight and performance)
- 11.85Ah (B 22-255): $204 each (best for long runtime)
- 91W (C 4-22): $39
- 241W (C 6-22): $84
- 350W (C4/36-350): $83.75
- 4-Port 90W (C4/36-MC4): $174 (best for cycling two or three sets of batteries)
Hilti Nuron products are available to order now and begin shipping in March 2022. They’re backed by Hilti’s 20-2-1 warranty.
- Model: Hilti DSH 600-22
- Power Source: 2 x 22V Nuron batteries (170 or 255 models recommended)
- Blade Diameter: 12 inches
- No-Load Speed: 5080 RPM
- Max Cutting Depth: 4 3/4 in.
- Weight: 19.6 lbs bare, 26.4 lbs with blade and two B 22-170 batteries)