Stihl RMA 460 Battery Powered Push Mower First Look
What Stihl Has To Say About It
“This mower is ideal for homeowners with small- to medium-sized residential yards. Users don’t have to worry about gas or fuel mixing. Pair that with zero exhaust emissions and the RMA 460 provides a more environmentally friendly lawn care solution compared to traditional gasoline-powered mowers.”
-Brian Manke, product manager at Stihl Inc.
Stihl The One
The Stihl RMA 460 has a brushless motor and works with the Stihl AK 20 and AK 30 batteries. It has a 19″ cutting deck, which breaks down an actual 18.1″ cutting swath. It can run for 29 minutes on their AK 20 battery. That breaks down to about 2,475 square feet. On the Ak 30 battery, the Stihl RMA 460 can tackle 44minutes of runtime per charge, which works out to about 3,440 square feet.
Additionally, when the RMA 460 senses resistance, it automatically adjusts to peak power. When mowing through lighter grass, the mower automatically reduces power consumption for better battery life.
Stihl bills the RMA 460 as a maneuverable and efficient mower geared toward the homeowner. It features 10″ rear wheels and 8″ front wheels for easy movement over rough terrain. Users can adjust the cutting height to one of seven positions, ranging from 1-3/8″ to 3 -3/4″. The Stihl RMA 460 comes with a 15.85-gallon grass catching bag, and the mower can bag, mulch, or discharge from the side.
Stihl RMA 460 Features
- Multiple performance options based on yard size. The Stihl RMA 460 can mow approximately 2,475 square feet on a single charge using the AK 20 battery. It can mow approximately 3,440 square feet on a single charge using the AK 30 battery.
- Commercial-grade, brushless electric motor with ECO mode, which automatically reduces power when mowing through light grass and adjusts to full power in tall grass to conserve battery life and extend runtime.
- Seven different cutting heights from 1-3/8″ – 3-3/4″ with quick and simple single action cutting height adjustment.
- Mulching functionality which returns nutrients and moisture to the soil for a thicker, healthier lawn.
- Quiet operation, ideal for noise-sensitive areas.
- Instant start – just push the button and squeeze the bail.
- Standard mower accessories: a rear bagger, side discharge chute, and a mulch bag.
- 10-inch rear, 8-inch front ball bearing wheels which allow for easy pushing over rough terrain.
- Folding handlebar for easy storage.
- Removable fuse key to prevent accidental or unauthorized use of machine.
- Multiple storage options allow the Stihl RMA 460 to be stored in three positions: folded, or unfolded on all four wheels, or upright and folded in the cleaning position with the blades facing the wall to save space.
Stihl RMA 460 Specs
- Weight Without Battery: 57 lbs.
- Weight With AK 30: 60.2 lbs
- Area Mowed w/ AK 20: Approximately 2,475 sq. ft.
- Area Mowed w/ AK 30: Approximately 3,440 sq. ft.
- Cutting Height: 1-3/8″ – 3-3/4″
- Grass Catcher Capacity: 15.85 gal.
- Cutting Width: 18.1″
- Runtime w/ AK 20: 29 minutes
- Runtime w/ AK 30: 44 minutes
- Dimensions: 54.7″ x 20.5″ x 33.5″
- MSRP: $299.95
- w/ AK 20 Battery and Charger: $429.95
- w/ AK 30 Battery and Charger: $449.95
For more information about the Stihl RMA 460 mower, check out Stihlusa.com.