Echo Backpack Blower PB-8010 Preview
We always look forward to this time of year because of the GIE Expo in Louisville, Kentucky. The expo gives manufacturers an opportunity to showcase their latest and greatest technology, and it gives potential consumers an opportunity to see what’s coming down the pipe. A trip to the Echo booth proved that the company isn’t content to rest on its laurels, but instead, they continue to improve their products for the lawn care Pro. The new-to-market PB-8010 Echo backpack blower shows off the progress the company has made with professional leaf blowers.
The hallmark characteristic of the Echo backpack blower is its power. The PB-8010 cranks out a whopping 1071 cfm at 211 mph. This is due, in large part, to its bespoke 79.9 cc engine.
If these specs are accurate, we can safely say that the new Echo backpack blower would have dominated the competition in our recent Backpack Blower Shootout. Of course, we’d like to actually get our hands on one of these for testing before we make any definitive claims.
PB-8010 Echo Backpack Blower Features & Specs
- 44N of blowing force
- 91 mm diameter blower pipes for maximum air flow
- Heavy-duty backpack straps for all-day comfort
- Patented wear ring reduces tube wear
- 79.9 cc engine with new fan/volute for industry-leading blowing performance
- Carbon-fiber frame and fan case for light weight
- Fan intake circulates air and cools user’s back
- Large see-through fuel tank
- Top-mounted tool-less filter access for easy in-field cleaning or maintenance
- Carburetor: Diaphragm
- Fuel Capacity: 83.8 fl. oz
- Air Volume: 1071 CFM (pipe)
- Max Air Speed: 211 mph
- dB(A): 80
- Dry Weight: 24.5 lbs
- Consumer Warranty: 5-Year
- Commercial Warranty: 2-Year
- MSRP: $599.99
For more information about the PB-8010 Echo Backpack Blower, visit the Echo website here.