Walker Model R Mower
Walker Releases Model R Mower for Residential Market
Walker tells us that the Model R is the perfect Walker Mower for residential properties. With its size, feature set, and cut quality, the Model R brings homeowners the premium Walker experience at a reasonable price.
- Designed for residential owners
- Kohler engine with Smart-Choke technology
- 3-gallon custom-molded fuel tank
- Electric blade clutch
- Integrated deck design
- 42″ or 48″ cutting widths
- Deck rests on independent articulating deck arms
- Torsion-flex carrier frame
- Optional mulching kit and grass catchers available
- Price: Starting at $5,910
What’s the Big Deal?
When Walker says that they’ve designed the Model R specifically for the residential market, what they mean is that they’ve put an emphasis on ease of use, quality of cut, operator comfort, reliability, and easy maintenance.
The Model R features a front-mount, tilt-up integrated deck design that’s available in either 42″ or 48″ cutting widths. The deck rests on independent articulating deck arms that allow it to flex up and down. This minimizes scalping and uncut patches of grass.
The Model R also features a torsion-flex carrier frame that allows the deck to flex side-to-side to accommodate any terrain and deliver a top-quality cut.
You can also customize the Model R with a variety of additional options. For instance, it can be fitted with an optional mulching kit that includes bolt-in baffles and serrated mulching blades. Walker also has a side-mounted grass catcher available for the Model R. Comfort seats, towing hitches, and LED headlight kits can also be added to the mix.
The Walker Model R mower starts at $5910 for the base model 42″ mower, and moves up from there, depending on deck size and add-on options. For more information about the mower, including information on where you can find a Walker dealer, click here .
Walker Model R Mower Standard Features
- 21 HP Kohler KT620 engine with Smart-Choke technology
- 3 gallon custom-molded fuel tank
- Electric blade clutch
- Hydro-Gear EZT transmissions
- Precision steering system
- Forward speed control
- Flexible deck carrier frame
- Tilt-up deck and tilt-open seat panel
- Available Add-ons
- Comfort seat
- Tow hitch
- Mulching kit including bolt-in baffles and serrated mulching blades
- Accelerator side-mount grass catcher
- LED headlight kit
- Cutting deck widths available in 42″ and 48″
- Prices starting at $5,910