Lithium-Powered Landmaster EV Provides Quiet, Maintenance-Free Workhorse
For a quiet and comfortable yet productive foray into the world of UTV choring, American Landmaster would like to suggest the newest entry into their side-by-side lineup. The American Landmaster EV provides a battery-powered solution for carrying, towing, and transportation around the property or jobsite.
As you might expect with any battery-powered UTV, the main talking points will revolve around the battery. How capable is it? What’s the range like? Can it recharge quickly?
American Landmaster claims that with its AC motor, the EV UTV can run for up to 45 miles with the standard 105 Ah battery or up to 65 miles with the upgraded 160 Ah battery. The EV UTV features Max Range and Max Speed modes to prioritize one or the other. In Speed mode, you can travel as fast as 30 mph. Or, you can switch to Range mode, where you’ll top out your speed at 12 mph but also max out your available range.
The system comes equipped with a battery alert system that gives you LED visual indicators of where your charge level is. It also includes an audible alert that alerts you to when your battery power has dropped to 10%.
When it comes time to charge the battery, the American Landmaster EV features rapid charging technology to get you back to 80% in as little as two hours.
American Landmaster has built the EV UTV using the flagship L7’s chassis. It features the brand’s proprietary L-ROSS suspension (Landmaster Ride Optimization Suspensions System). They claim this provides an incredibly smooth riding experience over rumble strips, railroad ties, or rocks. The L-ROSS system also tightens up your cornering.
American Landmaster also provides some options when it comes to payloads. The standard suspension can carry up to a 900-lb. total payload, while the HD suspension system provides up to 1,100 lbs. of carrying capacity.
You can build your own version of the Landmaster EV UTV from the American Landmaster website by clicking here . Or, you can order yours by visiting any authorized dealer in the network (you can look up your local dealerships by clicking here ). The EV ought to be available by May of this year.
In either case, the American Landmaster EV UTV starts at $10,999. Of course, you have options packages available to customize your UTV, including a choice of available colors. Landmaster warranties the motor for two years and prorates the batteries for 5 years.
American Landmaster EV Specs
- Power: AC motor, powered by a 48V DCLi-Ion battery at 12k watts with 600 amp Navitas controller
- Range: Up to 45 miles with 105 Ah battery @ 65º; up to 60 miles with 160 Ah battery @ 65º
- Speed: Up to 30 mph
- Starting: Keyed On/Off
- Alternator: Converter / 30 amps
- Transmission: Direct Drive
- Transaxle: H-12 Schafer / DANA gearbox
- Differential: Limited Slip Differential
- Drive: 2WD
- Front Suspension: Double A arms, adjustable coil-over shock with up to 8″ travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent trailing arm, with radius rod, adjustable camber and tow control, dual-rate coil-over shock with up to 8″ of travel
- Brake System: 4 wheel disk, hydraulic brake, transaxle mounted rotor with mechanical caliper parking brake with indicator light
- Tires: 25″ DOT On-Road/Off-Road Tire (8″ front, 10″ back)
- Wheel Base: 73.5 in.
- Turning Radius: 13-ft. inside radius
- GVRW: HD-LROSS – 3,025 lbs.
- Curb Weight: 1350 lbs. with 105 Ah battery
- Bed Material: Structural foam “Poly Bed” with stake pockets
- Bed Capacity: L-ROSS – 500 lbs. / HD-LROSS – 700 lbs. Poly – 9 cu.ft. / Steel – 11 cu.ft.
- Ground Clearance: 11 in.
- Total Payload: L-ROSS – 900 lbs. / HD-LROSS – 1,100 lbs.
- Warranty: 2-year motor / all other 1 year limited, 5-year prorated Lithium battery
- Price: Starts at $10,999
To learn more about the EV Electric UTV, visit American Landmaster by clicking here .