60V Max Toro Electric Lawn Mower
Toro Electric Lawn Mower Joins Line of 60V Max Lawn Tools
Toro has released its line of 60V cordless lawn tools, with this new 60V Max mower as the centerpiece. The Toro electric lawn mower line makes servicing your own lawn pretty quick and easy with its simple startup, quiet operation, and all but absent maintenance requirements. Plus, with its ability to maximize efficiency and performance, you’ll be able to mow up to a 1/3 of an acre on a charge.
- 22″ Recycler cutting deck
- Brushless motor
- Reliable starting and low maintenance
- L324 60V battery (60V Max, 6.0Ah, 324 Watt-hour) has intelligent battery software to maximize runtime and power
- Cuts up to 1/3 of an acre on a charge
- SmartStow design for upright storage
- Personal Pace self propel feature
- Mulching, bagging, or side discharge
- MSRP: $579
What’s the Big Deal?
In a world full of cordless mowers, what sets one apart from the others? All of the benefits previously described – easy starting, quiet operation with no emissions, and little-to-no maintenance – are common benefits of pretty much every cordless mower in existence these days. So, the big deal about any particular cordless mower usually revolves around feature sets and runtime.
Having said that, it’s worth bringing up that 1/3 of acre worth of runtime on a single battery’s single charge is actually pretty solid. Many comparable electric models can only mow up to a quarter acre on a charge. Adding to that, the Toro electric lawn mower has Personal Pace, a self propel feature that senses and adapts to your walking speed.
Speaking of “adaptation”, this mower/battery line also features the Flex Force power system. This is the intelligence software that allows the mower and battery to gauge the load, applying more power when necessary. This allows for better efficiency, as the battery will only assign as much power as is necessary.
Also, a mulching feature isn’t necessarily special at this point, but the Toro electric mowers have it, along with the ability to bag and side-discharge from the 22″ Recycler steel deck. A lot of mowers have opted for plastic shells, which wear out more quickly than steel. This steel deck has a design that’s optimized for mincing your clippings into a fine confetti that delivers nutrients back into your soil.
Finally, the Toro electric lawn mower line utilizes SmartStow, a feature that allows you to fold down the handle and store the mower vertically. Compared to standard storing practices, the SmartStow mowers save up to 70% more floor space. Most other cordless mowers have a similar feature, but it’s nice to have it here too.
The 60V Flex Force Toro electric lawn mower retails for $579, and it comes with a 6.0Ah battery. There doesn’t seem to be a bare tool option available at the present…At any rate, for the sake of comparison, this what some of Toro’s competitors are up to with comparable models.
- Greenworks Pro 60V Self-Propelled Lawn Mower: $379 bare, $499 kit
- 21″ steel deck
- 1 x 60V, 5.0 Ah battery
- Ryobi 40V Self-Propelled Lawn Mower RY40LM10-Y: $527.12 kit
- 21″ steel deck
- 1 x 40V, 6.0 Ah battery
- Toro 60V Flex Force Lawn Mower: $579 kit
- 22″ steel deck
- 1 x 60V, 6.0 Ah battery
- EGO 56V Steel Deck Self-Propelled Lawn Mower: $498 bare, $749 kit
- 20″ steel deck
- 1 x 56V, 7.5 Ah battery
Toro has been pretty well-known in the world of residential lawn care for many years now, and it’s nice to see the brand start to work in the cordless sector of the market now as well. It’s not the least expensive line of cordless mowers we’ve looked at, but it has some nice features and some solid runtimes that justify its price point.
Toro Electric Lawn Mower Specs
- Engine: Brushless DC, 60V Battery L324 (6.0Ah, 324 WH)
- Charge Time: 150 Minutes
- Cutting Width: 22″
- Height of Cut: 1″-4″
- Drive System: Personal Pace Rear-Wheel Drive
- Deck Material: Steel
- Mulch, Bag, Side Discharge
- Handle Type: SmartStow, 1-Piece, Adjustable Height
- Wheel Height: Front 8″, Rear 11″
- Warranty: 2-Year Full Warranty Mower and 3-Year Full Warranty Battery
- MSRP: $579