Snapper Hi Vac Lawn Mower Line
Snapper Hi Vac Mower Aims At Bagging Enthusiasts
Some folks might prefer the “just get it done with mulching” approach to mowing, but the trade-off is a lawn that doesn’t look as clean and finished as it could. For folks that care about the ultra-clean finish that comes with bagged clippings, the Snapper Hi Vac Mower line provides a few options for powerful and efficient mowing that’s aimed at getting your yard looking its best.
10-Second Summary• Snapper Hi Vac Mower Line
• 190cc Briggs $ Stratton Professional Series Engine
• Hi Vac Deck provides vacuum-like suction
• 21 in. cutting width
• Rear wheel disc drive (on self-propelled models)
• ReadyStart starting system
• 10 in. rear wheels
• 1.25 – 4 in. cut height
• Warranty: 3 years residential, 90-day commercial
• Price Range: $549-$799
All of the Snapper Hi Vac Mower models come with a 190cc Briggs & Stratton OHV Professional Series engine. Providing 8.50 ft-lbs of torque to the drive train, this engine supplies these mowers with all the power your need to tackle thick grass and hillsides.
These engines feature Briggs & Stratton’s ReadyStart technology, which Snapper claims does away with priming and choking. Just pull-start and go. There is an option for electric, keyed startup as well.
While the power behind this Snapper line is substantial, it’s only part of the equation. The other big claim to fame here revolves around the vacuum-like suction the mower provides. It revolves around Snapper’s Hi Vac system, which combines a unique blade and rolled deck edge to generate a lot of air volume and suction for powerful bagging capabilities.
Of course, you still have the mulching and side-discharge options. Though, with the Hi Vac mower line, Snapper really targets homeowners that look for a super clean finish.
The self-propelled models in the Snapper Hi Vac mower line also feature the brand’s tried-and-true disc drive transmission that we’ve seen on the commercial line. This provides higher wheel torque for improved speed control on hills and through thicker grass.
These mowers have 7 cut height positions ranging from 1-1/4″ – 4″. 10-inch rear wheels help you glide through turns, and all models feature cup holder.
The Snapper Hi Vac Mower line, which has one push model and two self-propelled models, range from $549 to $799. Each one comes with Snapper’s 3-year residential warranty. Should you use the mower for commercial purposes, it comes with a 90-day warranty.
Snapper Hi Vac Mower Line Specs
- Engine Brand: Briggs & Stratton
- Engine Model: Professional Series
- Torque: 8.50 ft-lbs.
- Starting Type: Recoil, Electric, and Key options available
- Engine Displacement: 190cc
- OHV: Yes
- Transmission Types: Push and self-propelled available
- Drive Types: N/A and Rear Wheel Disc Drive
- Cutting Width: 21 in.
- Blade Type: Integral Lift
- Height of Cut: 1.25 in. – 4 in.
- Wheel Size: 8 in. (front); 10 in. (rear)
- Discharge Options: Bagging, mulching, side discharge
- Warranty: 3-year residential, 90-day commercial
- Price Range: $549 – $799