Husqvarna 550XP Mark II Chainsaw
Husqvarna Aims to Cut More, Cut Better, Cut Longer
As part of their revamped line of more powerful, lighter chainsaws, the Husqvarna 550Xp Mark II chainsaw aims for superb maneuverability. Husqvarna claims that this saw exhibits best-in-class cutting performance, as well as a whole bunch of features to streamline operations and improve the lifespan of the saw.
- Model: Husqvarna 550 XP Mark II
- X-Torq Engine lowers fuel consumption and reduces emissions
- Updated AutoTune ensures that engine stays optimized with 10X faster air-to-fuel mix adjustment
- Air Injection feature uses centrifugal air cleaning to remove dust before it reaches the air filter
- New cooling system increases cooling by 13%
- Slim design
- LowVib feature reduces vibration
- Retained bar nuts and starter screws
- MSRP: $599 from any Husqvarna dealer
What’s New With The New Husqvarna 550 XP?
The Husqvarna 550XP Mark II has been redesigned for use in felling, limbing, and bucking. It has a 50cc engine that can crank out 4 hp, which is an upgrade over previous versions of the saw. It weighs in at 11.7 lbs, which is a bit more than the Mark I, but it adds some improvements that make up for the small amount of weight gain.
For starters, Husqvarna has improved its X-Torq engine, which reduces the tool’s fuel consumption and improves the emissions rating overall. You can also kiss adjusting your carburetor goodbye because the 550XP also features an updated AutoTune feature that automatically adjusts the engine settings for optimal performance in any condition. Finally, speaking of new, updated features, the Mark II features an improved cooling system that increases the engine cooling by 13% over the last edition. Husqvarna has even packaged this saw in a slimmer body.
Like the last edition of the saw, this one also includes the LowVib anti-vibration tech to keep the jiggling away from your hands. Retained bar nuts and starter screws have been included to keep you from losing valuable parts out in the field.
Check Out These Other Husqvarna Products
The Husqvarna 550XP Mark II retails for $599.95 from anywhere Husqvarna products are sold.
Husqvarna 550XP Mark II Chainsaw Specs
- Cylinder Displacement: 50.1 cm
- Power Output: 4 hp
- Weight: 11.7 lb,
- Recommended Bar Length: 13-20″
- MSRP: $599.95
For more information about the Husqvarna 550XP Mark II, check out Husqvarna.com.