Bobcat Delivers Big Performance From a Compact Machine
The Bobcat R-2 Series E88 Compact Excavator promises big performance from a compact frame. Bobcat claims that the redesigned engine, optimized lift performance, and improvements to the undercarriage and counterweights make this excavator one of the highest-performing in its class.
Bobcat E88 Excavator: The Big Deal
Performance and user convenience look like they’re at the forefront of the Bobcat E88 experience. Bobcat tells us that they’ve focused on leading lift capability from a narrow footprint. With dual-flange track rollers, integrated counterweight, and extra machine weight, the 8-ton E88 has improved the over-the-side lift capacity. In terms of hard data, Bobcat claims that this excavator has an arm digging force of 8,620 lbf, a bucket digging force of 15,130 lbf, and a rated lift capacity of 10,020 lbs. And that from a 249.6 x 86.6 x 100 in. frame (L x W x H).
Bobcat has also focused on improving the user experience by adding both precision and comfort features. The E88 offers low-effort joysticks and a new hydraulic control valve to improve your control over your work. The hydraulic control valve improves metering for smoother controls and natural, finite movements. The joysticks offer better feedback for precise and predictable operation. Bobcat claims that the end result is faster cycle times for more productive digging, level grading, and more.
You also have the option of including add-on counterweight, a depth-check system, a Machine IQ subscription, rear-view camera, widescreen tough display, and heated, high-back seats with a headrest.
- Performance Features: Redesigned Bobcat engine, standard touch display, integrated lift eye, optimized cooling system, depth check system, advanced hydraulics, predictable control, dual-flange roller system, fingertip boom swing control, 2-speed travel, integrated rear counterweight, angle blade, auto-shift travel, blade float, add-on counterweight option
- Comfort Features: Low-effort joysticks, premium cab, clear visibility, reduced vibration, operator-friendly controls, adjustable seat, auto idle, LED lights, heated high-back seats
- Serviceability Features: Longer-life fuel filter, panoramic serviceability, extended greasing intervals
- Uptime Protection Features: Rear camera, in-track swing frame, protection technology and components password-protected keyless start, easy machine tie downs, steel tracks, integrated slew brakes, X-frame undercarriage, reversible cutting edge, stronger angle blade
- Attachment Features: Hydraulic pin-grabber, Pro Clamp system, selectable auxiliary hydraulic flow
Bobcat E88 Excavator Price
The Bobcat R-Series E88 Compact Excavator starts at $113,098 for the base model. From there, you can add options with various trim packages and attachments.
For more information about the Bobcat E88 Compact Excavator, as well as finding your local dealer and incentives, click here .
Bobcat E88 Excavator Specifications
- Horsepower: 65 hp
- Operating Weight: 19,600 lbs.
- Maximum Reach at Ground Level: 23.7 ft.
- Tail Swing Type: Conventional
- Optional Horsepower: n/a
- Bucket Digging Force: 15,130 lbf
- Width: 86.6 in.
- Starts at: $113,098
150 hrs on my e88 went over a bump driver side window shatters fighting to get it covered under warranty