John Deere PrecisionCut Mower Excels at Hills and Straight Lines
John Deere claims that the PrecisionCut line of Fairway Mowers offer several key features that put them in a class of their own. Not only do these mowers offer enhanced accessibility and comfort for the user, but with a feature set that emphasizes precision and traction, your delicate fairways and fields will look tight and professional.
The John Deere 7700A PrecisionCut Fairway Mower features the brand’s TechControl display, which gives the user more control of the operation of the mower and diagnostics. This sort of control allows you to lock in performance, maximizing your uptime.
How does this work? For instance, the passcode-protected TechControl display lets you quickly set and change your mowing speed, turning speed, and transport speed to limit variations in performance by different operators. You can also lock in the 7700A’s max turning speed to protect against scuffing the lawn during aggressive turns. You can also use the TechControl to monitor diagnostics and maintain regular maintenance intervals.
John Deere has also ramped up the traction capability on the PrecisionCut Fairway Mower. An eHydro hydrostatic pump and large-capacity wheel motors provide increased traction and performance over undulating terrain, and a streamlined drive system with less moving parts reduces maintenance downtime.
Additionally, the John Deere Grip All-Wheel Drive Traction System is an option for the PrecisionCut Fairway Mower. This optional equipment reduces wheel slip by sending hydraulic flow from the front wheel to the opposite rear wheel. This system maintains traction when climbing straight up hills and also on side hills. In forward, the system stays on at all times, and in reverse, a switch ensures that the front drive tires are doing the work to keep the rear wheels from slipping and scuffing the turf.
- Double-acting, single rod hydraulic steering cylinder for lines as straight as a greens mower
- Tires sized for proper weight distribution and low ground pressure
- Easily accessible daily service points
- LoadMatch electronic setting compensates speed of machine to keep power to the cutting units to maintain cut quality
- AutoPedal feature lowers sound levels and fuel consumption during transport
- Quick-Adjust 7 cutting units have Rotate for Service (RFS) feature allowing access to bedknife
- Cutting units are stable and fold inside the front tires for easy transporting
You can contact your local John Deere dealership for information about the availability and pricing of the 7700A PrecisionCut Fairway Mower, as well as any available attachments. It does, however, come with a 2-year limited warranty. For more information about this mower, click here .
John Deere PrecisionCut Fairway Mower Specs
- Model: John Deere 7700A
- Max Rated Horsepower: At 2800 rpm ISOC: 41.6 hp
- Drive Pump: Tandem gear pump
- Ground Pressure: 10 psi
- Throttle: Automatic controls with AutoPedal foot controls; manual control through TechControl display
- Operator Display: TechControl Display
- Mowing Speed: 0-8 mph
- Cutting Unit Size: 22 in.
- Total Width of Cut: 100 in.
- Reel Diameter: 7 in.
- Frequency of Clip: 10 blade, 0.067 in./mph; 8 blade, 0.084 in./mph
- Engine Type: Direct Inject Turbocharged Diesel
- Compliant Emission Regulation: United States and Canada Tier 4
- Cylinders: 3
- Displacement: 95.69cc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16 gal.
- Steering: Hydraulic power with double acting steering cylinder
- Front Drive Tires: 26.5×14-12 turf
- Steering Tires: 20x12x10-8 turf
- Weight: 2650 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: Contact your local John Deere dealer