Cub Cadet Electric Riding Mower LT42 e
Cub Cadet LT42 e Powers Up Lawn Care in a New Way
Cub Cadet has just introduced the LT42 e to their line of lawn mower offerings, only this model presents an electric option for owners who’d like a Cub Cadet-quality cut while still keeping things green.
- Part of the XT Enduro Series of mowers
- 3,000 watt-hour, 56V engine
- 1.5-hour/2-acre cut time on a charge
- Rapid recharge takes only 4 hours to get to full charge
- 42″ twin-blade cutting
- QuickAttach system
- High-back seats with armrests and cruise control
- Price: $3999
What Cub Cadet Has To Say About the LT42 e
“The Cub Cadet LT42 e combines the newest in battery technology with the high-level performance Cub Cadet is known for. From superior cut quality in a powerfully quiet package to the low-maintenance upkeep, it’s innovation without compromise in a way that will change how you mow.”
—Trevor Oriold, business segment director, Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet LT42 e Features
The move to electric power seems like a bit of a departure for the brand, though the LT42 e has been built on the popular XT Enduro Series design architecture.
That said, you can expect the kind of quiet and convenient operation that comes with battery power, except without any power fade. Additionally, you can look forward to up to 1.5 hours or 2 acres worth of cut time from the 3,000 watt-hour, 56V engine.
The LT42 e features a 42″ twin-blade cutting width and a 13-gauge steel stamped deck. The QuickAttach system allows for a variety of attachments. The new Cub Cadet can tackle both mulching and bagging.
Maintenance on the Cub Cadet LT42 e is minimal; you won’t need to deal with the hassles surrounding gas, oil, a clutch, belts, or throttle. Obviously, fumes and unburned hydrocarbons are a non-issue too.
Recharging takes only 4 hours to get you back up to full, though the flexible recharge hits 25% in an hour.
This mower features high-back seats with armrests and cruise control for increased comfort and ease of operation.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $97.77Was: $99.99
- Price: $299.00Was: $338.87
Cub Cadet Electric Riding Mower LT42e Specs
- Battery: 56V 60Ah 3000 Wh
- Transmission: Electric, foot-controlled
- Forward Speed: 5.5 mph
- Reverse Speed: 3.1 mph
- Rear Axle: 3/4″ w/dual PM steel drive hubs
- Transmission Housing: Cast aluminum
- Deck Cutting Width: 42″
- Cutting Modes: Side discharge/mulch/bagging
- Deck Material: 13-gauge stamped steel
- Deck Attach/Removal: QuickAttach (no tools required)
- Deck Engagement (PTO): Push-button electric
- Deck Construction: 13-gauge steel, stamped
- Blade(s): Twin blade
- Deck Lift: Manual/12-position/spring-assisted
- Cutting Height Range: 1″ – 4″
- Anti-Scalping: 4 anti-scalping deck wheels
- Frame: Robotically-welded frame with new e-coating corrosion defense system (5-year limited warranty)
- Front Axle(s): Heavy-duty 3/4″ through machined bushings
- Front Caster Mount: Heavy-duty cast-iron (5-year limited warranty/unlimited hours)
- Turning Radius: 16″
- Front Tires: 15″ x 6″ sleeve bearing
- Rear Tires: 20″ x 8″
- Push button cruise control
- Optimized steering system, manual sector and pinion
- Steering wheel w/ quick-adjust tilt column
- Headlight(s): LED
- Seat: Cub Comfort high-back seat with 10º incline and slide
- Arm Rests
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 68/50/42.5 in.
- Weight: 410 lbs.
- Optional mulch kit
- 3-year unlimited hours (includes powertrain)
- 4-year battery
- 5-year unlimited hours chassis and front axle warranty