Salsco 6235B Chipper Preview
I can’t look at a wood chipper without thinking of the movie “Fargo.” It’s a delightful little crime drama, directed by the Coen Brothers, set in a sleepy little Minnesota town. If you haven’t seen it, you should. But, there is a pretty climactic scene that involves a wood chipper, and without giving too much away about the movie, Steve Buscemi’s character gets stuffed into it. Well, the guy doing the stuffing, Peter Stormare, gets a little caught up when the wood chipper jams up somewhere in between Buscemi’s hip and knee. Unfortunately for him, he’s caught by the police as he’s trying to power the last bit of Buscemi’s corpse through the chipper.
What I wonder is: if the wood chipper was of better quality and more chipping power, would Stormare’s character have gotten away with the murder? If he was using the Salsco 6235B Chipper, I think he would’ve. Let’s take a look at some of the feature’s that could’ve helped him get the job done right.
Wood Chipping Power and Convenience
The Salsco 6235B comes standard with a 35HP Briggs & Stratton engine and a 6-gallon fuel tank. An extra wide 7″ x 8″ infeed opening allows clearance for larger sticks and logs, in addition to anything else that you might need chipped into millions of unrecognizable pieces. Exhaust curtains protect the operator from throwback.
For convenience, the 6235B features a 360° exhaust chute, as well as a directional exhaust flap that the user can easily adjust for directed chip spray. Air vents in the impeller housing provide air to help the chipper better expel wood chips.
Plus, this chipper features an adjustable and sharpenable bed knife, along with self-centering and greasable cast iron bearings. You can rest assured that you can easily keep the 6235B operating at peak efficiency.
The Salsco 6235B Chipper is highly mobile. A Tor-Flex axle coupled with over-the-road, highway-ready tires help the Salsco 6235B achieve a full D.O.T.-approved light package rating.
The Salsco 6235B Chipper looks like a solid option for a mobile and durable chipper. With highway-ready tires, this chipper can be towed just about anywhere, and from anything with a 2″ ball hitch. A 35 horsepower motor will help you get through anything 6″ thick and under. And, with sharpenable blades, you don’t have to worry about the chipper becoming dull and ineffective. The included wide exhaust curtains keep chunks of material from kicking back up into your face, which is a nice touch.
Obviously, this chipper would be a huge upgrade to the rinky-dink little chipper from Fargo. When time is of the essence, and the work just needs to get done, you don’t want to get caught horsing around with an underpowered chipper. Just ask Pete Stormare.
Salsco 6235B Chipper Features
- Easily Towed Over the Road or Around the Property with a Utility Vehicle
- Air Vents in the Impeller Housing Provide More Air to Exhaust Chips
- Easily Adjusted 360° Exhaust Chute and Exhaust Flap
- Extra Wide 7″ x 8″ Opening with Exhaust Curtains to Protect the Operator from Throw Back
- 35HP Briggs & Stratton Engine with a 6 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Adjustable and Sharpenable Bed Knife
- Cast Iron, Self-Centering, and Greasable Bearings
Salsco 6235B Chipper Specs
- Capacity: 6″ Round Wood
- Engine Options: 35 HP Briggs & Stratton Gas Engine
- Infeed Opening: 7″ x 8″ Opening to Chipper Disc
- Infeed Tray: 24″ x 29″ Opening At the Outer Edge of the Infeed Tray
- Impeller: 1″ Thick x 29″ Diameter, 6 Welded and Gusseted Exhaust Paddles, Fully Balanced. 210 Lbs.
- Impeller Housing: 7 Gauge Thick Steel Impeller Housing Is Vented To Provide More Air Flow For Chip Exhaust
- Chipper Knives: 6-1/2″ Thick x 4″ Long x 4″ Wide, Double-Sided Chip Blades
- Bed Knives: (1) 1/2″ Thick Steel, Replaceable, Sharpenable & Adjustable
- Chipper Bearings: 4-Bolt, Heavy Duty, Cast Iron, Greasable and Self-Centering
- Exhaust Chute: 360° Swivel Exhaust, 11 Gauge Steel, No Tools Necessary To Adjust. Easy Adjust Exhaust Flap.
- Fuel Tank: 6 Gallon, Carbon Canister Fuel Tank
- Battery: 12 Volt, 650 Cold Cranks With Lockable Box
- Axle: 2,200-lb. capacity, Torflex axle
- Tire/ Wheel Assemblies: ST205/75R14 Tire & Wheel Assemblies. High Speed, Highway Rib Mounted On a Five Bolt White Spoked Wheel
- Hitch: 2″ Ball Coupler
- Jack: Top Wind 2,000 lb
- Dimensions: 132″ x 66″ x 79″
- Weight: 1,490 Lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year