Kubota was at the recent 2018 World of Concrete Event in Las Vegas, and one of the new editions they showed off was the Kubota KX033-4. A mainstay in the Kubota line up, the new-and-improved-for-2018 model has some of the same features that have made Kubota a household name in the excavation world. But, this edition also features some handy options that ought to help do more work faster. One of the features Kubota decided to show of this year came by way of an optional extendable arm for digging just a bit deeper. This three-ton excavator, with the extendable arm, now has the capability of a larger class of excavator, but with a smaller footprint.
“The new KX033-4 with an extendable dipper arm is a new configuration to the existing KX033-4 compact excavator within Kubota’s popular KX Series. The extendable dipper configuration now has comparable dig depth and reach of a larger class machine with the weight and footprint of a 3-ton machine.”
-Jeff Jacobsmeyer, Kubota product manager
Go-Go-Gadget Extendable Dipper Arm
The Kubota KX033-4, when paired with the optional extendable dipper arm, provides access to those hard-to-reach areas. The arm can extend almost 3 extra feet (31″), which should increase your overall productivity and efficiency. Kubota claims that the process of extending the arm is quick and easy. Plus, when extended, the KX033-4 has a digging depth of 12′ 2″ and a digging reach of 18′ 3″.
Kubota KX033-4 Highlights
This excavator features Kubota’s direct injection diesel engine. Kubota has optimized the engine for maximum digging and lifting performance while minimizing noise, vibration and fuel consumption. It has an auto-downshift feature that automatically downshifts depending on traction and terrain. It also features an auto-idling system that throws the motor into idle when control levers have been in neutral for more than 4 seconds. This feature saves fuel, as well as lowering noise, exhaust emissions, and cost.
The Kubota KX033-4 includes a larger entrance, more leg room, and a more ergonomic interior design than previous editions. It has an easy-open front glass window, as well as air conditioning. A deluxe suspension seat, cup holder, and wrist rest make for a more comfortable user experience. Kubota has also included their Intelligent Control System in the cab’s panel, which simplifies operations from the digital display.
Kubota also emphasizes user-friendliness and easy access with this edition of their excavator. The engine components all line up on one side of the excavator for easier inspection and maintenance. Additionally, it has steel side panels for increased durability.
Kubota KX033-4 Features
- Low sound level increases operator comfort and allows more work in residential areas.
- Unique compact size increases productivity in confined areas.
- Larger, more comfortable operator space lessens operator fatigue, improving overall productivity and operator comfort.
- Improved versatility with an increase in auxiliary hydraulic flow and standard auxiliary diverter valve located on the dipper arm.
Kubota KX033-4 Specs
- Engine Type: D1703M-DI-E4 3-Cylinder, Tier 4
- Displacement: 100.5 cu. in.
- Overall Length: 15′ 6″
- Overall Height: 8′ 1″
- Operating Weight: 7420 lbs.
- Rear Swing Clearance: 11.4″
- Max Digging Depth: 10′ 6″
- Max Dumping Height: 11′ 7″
- Pump Capacity: 26.5 Gpm
- Auxiliary Hydraulics Flow Rate: 15.8 Gpm
- Bucket Breakout Force: 8138 lbs.
- Max Travelling Speed: 1.9/2.9
- Ground Contact Pressure: 4.559 psi
For more information about the Kubota KX033-4, visit KubotaUSA.com .