Ferris Z3X Stand-On Mowers
Stand-On mowers might not have the market presence that walk-behind and riding mowers have. Mostly, it seems that the professional landscapers are using the stand-on mower design for its versatility. They handle wide-open mowing really well, but they also tend to manage smaller properties with a bunch of obstacles. As the professional demand for stand-on mowers has grown, commercial manufacturers have had to put some legitimate thought into the quality of their designs. Take this mower, for instance: the Ferris Z3X Stand-On Mower.
Ferris built their newest mower to deliver superior traction and performance. It offers a few deck size options for increased productivity. It also includes a pivoting front axle, which allows the mower to grip better on steeper inclines. But, increased safety and efficiency isn’t all. Ferris has improved rider comfort with the inclusion of their Soft Ride System, which utilizes an integrated suspension platform that shuts down the mower when the operator isn’t present.
Ferris Z3X Stand-On Mower Highlights
Ferris wanted to design a mower that cut down on downtime. So, this new mower features Vanguard Engines with an Oil Guard System. The Oil Guard system reduces maintenance time and cost by up to 60% and only requires that oil changes be done every 5oo hours. This is 2-1/2 times longer than a competitors oil change recommendations of every 200 hours.
The Z3X also includes features to get the job done faster. A locking 3-position speed control allows for a top speed of 12 mph. A couple of deck sizes are available as well, including a 72″ option for getting jobs done quickly. It also includes an iCD cutting system, which allows for better airflow discharge and superior cut quality. If that sounds ambiguous, the basic point is this: the deck has a slope nose that forces the blades of grass forward, allowing them a longer time in the chamber before the blades make contact.
Safety has also been improved with the Ferris Z3X Stand-On Mower. For one thing, a centrally located fuel tank helps with consistent balance, while a pivoting front axle allows the mower deck to follow the natural slopes and grades of the ground. An adjustable suspension platform system accommodates various weights, and when the operator leaves the platform, the PTO disengages the blades. When the operator returns to the platform, the PTO re-engages and the blades begin to spin again.
The Ferris Z3x Stand-On Mower comes with a 3-Year Limited Warranty on the engine, and a 4-Year Limited warranty on the suspension. We hope to get the Z3X in soon to review, so stay tuned for all the news.
For more information on Ferris Mowers, check them out at FerrisMowers.com .
Ferris Z3X Stand-On Mowers Features
Available with Vanguard Big Block EFI with Oil Guard System or Kawasaki FX850V EFI engine options
- Available in a 61″ or 72″ mowing deck with an iCD Cutting System which comes equipped with strong 1/4 –inch Marbain steel blades that generate greater lift and improve airflow.
- The SRS Z3 covers more grass in less time with a 12 mph max ground speed.
- The PTO conveniently disengages when the operator leaves the platform to move an obstacle or pick up debris. When the operator steps back onto the platform and re-engages the PTO switch, the blades start again for continued mowing.
- Easy-locking 3-position ground speed control ensures smooth operation in tight spaces while our fan-cooled Hydro-Gear ZT-4400® transaxle allows the unit to handle demanding conditions.
- The operator platform, with adjustable suspension technology, integrated forward and reverse levers and ergonomic thigh pads, delivers a more comfortable ride.
Ferris Z3X Stand-On Mowers Specs
- Engine Brand: Kawasaki FX850V EFI
- Engine Power Rating: 29.5 gross hp
- Displacement (cc): 852
- Cylinders: 2
- PTO: Electric
- Starting: Electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 11
- Deck Construction: iCD Cutting System
- Cutting Height (in): 1.75 – 5
- Cutting Width (in): 61
- Suspension: Operator suspension platform with coil-over-shock suspension
- Transmission: Dual commercial Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 transaxles with 8″ cooling fans
- Spindles: Cast-iron
- Drive Tires (in): 24 X 12-12
- Drive Axles (in): 1.125
- Caster Tires (in.): 13 X 6.5-6 flat-free
- Ground Speed-Rev (mph): 0 – 5
- Ground Speed-Fwd (mph): 0 – 12
- Overall Length (in): 72
- Overall Width (in) Deflector Down/Deflector Up: 64/75
- Instrumentation: Hour meter, fuel level gauge
- Parking Brake / Safety Circuit: Internal transaxles
- Dry Weight (lbs): 1267
- Safety Group/Controls: Operator presence in platform, Parking brake safety circuit for starting engine, Automatic PTO restart
- Engine Warranty: 3-Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Warranty Consumer Engine Info: 3-Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Balance of Machine Warranty: 4-Year limited warranty (48 months) or 500 hours, whichever occurs first. Unlimited hours during the first 2 years (24 months). Coil-over-shocks and all suspension related components are covered for 4 years (48 months) unlimited hours. Coverage on other components varies, please see operator’s manual for complete details.