Looking for a log-splitting solution that you can tote around on the back of your truck? Take a look at another one of Cub Cadet’s offerings to the world of portable lumberjacking, the Cub Cadet LS 27 CC HP Log Splitter. This model fits somewhere in the middle of Cub Cadet’s lineup of log splitters. It sports a 277 cc OHV engine and has a 27-ton splitting capacity. Able to split logs up to 25″ in diameter, this log splitter includes a 2″ trailer hitch so you can tow it just about anywhere you can fit your vehicle.
The Cub Cadet LS 27 CC HP Log Splitter features a 277cc OHV gas engine that generates 27 tons of hydraulic splitting power. This model has the capability of splitting logs up to 25″ in diameter and 25″ long. A 15-second cycle and automatic return keep the work flowing, and with a sharpenable cast iron cutting wedge, you can rest assured that this log splitter will be able to perform for a long, long time.
The Cub Cadet log splitter can be positioned in two ways, either horizontally, or, if you’d prefer to avoid lifting heavy logs, vertically. It also features a flip-down jack stand and a 2″ hitch. For easy maneuverability and transport, this model features 16″ X 4.8″ wheels, which are protected by diamond-tread steel fenders.
The Cub Cadet LS 27 CC HP Log Splitter comes with a 3-Year Limited Residential Warranty. It retails for around $1599.99 on the company website.
Have you ever wanted to pretend you’re Paul Bunyan, but you realized that swinging axes will tucker you out quickly, and also that the family ox is only normal-sized? The Cub Cadet LS 27 CC HP Log Splitter probably won’t help tick all those imaginative boxes, but it might help you match Paul’s work rate. With a 15-second cycle time and an automatic return, the chances are pretty good that you’ll be able to generate a pile of firewood in a few short minutes.
While all this sounds pretty great, it does come with a hefty, albeit competitive, price tag. Perhaps there are applications for this log splitter that I’m not considering, but $1,600 seems like a lot of money to drop on something that makes one particular chore a bit easier. Still, if you’re working in an industry that capitalizes on firewood manufacturing, the Cub Cadet LS 27 CC HP Log Splitter could make a worthwhile investment.
Cub Cadet LS 27 CC HP Log Splitter Features
- 277 cc Cub Cadet OHV Engine
- Splits Logs Up To 25″
- 15-Second Cycle Time and Automatic Return
- 2″ Hitch
- 16″ x 4.8″ Transport Wheels
- Vertical and Horizontal Operation Positions
- Hydraulic Fluid Filled and Tested At the Factory
- Cast-Iron Splitting Wedge
- Diamond-Tread Steel Fenders
- Flip-Down Jack Stand
- Coil-Wrapped Hoses
- Splits Logs Up To 25″ Long
- Backed By a 3-Year Limited Residential Warranty
- Model # 24BG5HM5710
Cub Cadet LS 27 CC HP Log Splitter Specs
- Fender: Diamond -Tread Steel
- Hoses: Coil-Wrapped
- Ram Pressure: 27 US Tons
- Operational Position: Vertical/Horizontal
- Beam: Robotically Welded
- Log Trays: Standard
- Log Capacity (Length): 25″
- Cycle Time: 15 Seconds W/Auto Return
- Hydro Pump: 13 GPM
- Hydro Oil Reservoir: 3 Gal. (Oil Included)
- Wedge/Foot Plate: Cast Iron/Cast Steel
- Auto Wedge Return: Standard
- Log Dislodger: Standard
- Jack Stand: Standard
- Wheels: 16″ X 4.8″ D.O.T. Approved Transport Wheels
- Tow Hitch: 2″
- Engine: 277CC Cub Cadet OHV Engine
- Approximate Weight: 600 Lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3-Year Limited Residential Warranty
- MSRP: $1599.99 From www.Cubcadet.com