The Milwaukee M18 Fuel Blower isn’t going to blow you away with its 450 CFM and 100 MPH performance if you’re a landscaping or lawn care Pro. But that was never Milwaukee’s intent with their battery-powered OPE line. Nor was it to cater to the DIY crowd, either. So where does it fit?
Milwaukee’s design intent with this entire line that also includes a string trimmer and hedge trimmer is to supplement the Pro’s gas-powered tools. More neighborhoods, particularly in wealthy areas, are demanding noise and emission reductions, driving the need for cordless OPE. The trend is likely for commercial Pros to use gas when they can for speed and battery when they have to. So with that perspective in mind, we took a look at how the blower performs.
The performance of the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Blower is enough to get most jobs done quickly when it comes to blowing dry leaves and hard surfaces. It will have a tougher time when things are wet, but can still help keep the driveway and sidewalks clear.
Runtime is pretty impressive with 20 minutes on high and 90 minutes on low in our testing the High Demand 9.0 AH battery.
The feature set is pretty basic but includes a cruise control to set the blower at whatever speed you want to dial in. It’s a little awkward to use but eliminates the need to keep the trigger engaged with your finger the entire time.
The side benefit to all this is that the Pro tool user out there already on Milwaukee’s M18 platform is walking straight into a very nice suite of battery-powered OPE to use on their home, property, or jobsite when needed.
There’s certainly much more detail to go into with the features and performance of this Milwaukee cordless blower. Be sure to watch the video or check out our full written review to get the full story!
Milwaukee M18 Fuel Blower Key Features
- Milwaukee POWERSTATE Brushless Motor provides more power, more run-time, and longer life
- Milwaukee REDLITHIUM Battery Pack is the most durable pack on the market delivering more run-time, power, and longer battery life
- REDLINK PLUS Electronic Intelligence enables advanced communication between your batteries and tools, allowing for unmatched levels of performance, protection, and productivity
- Variable speed trigger increases user control over the airflow and tool
- Ambidextrous cruise control lock on lever allows user to set desired power and relax hand
- Axial fan design supplies more power and run-time than centrifugal blowers
Milwaukee M18 Fuel Blower Specifications
- Model: Milwaukee 2728-21HD
- Voltage: 18V
- Maximum Air Volume: 450 CFM
- Length: 35.5″
- Maximum Air Speed: 100 MPH
- Noise Rating: 63 (ANSI B175)
- Motor Speed: Variable
- Weight: 5.7 lbs
- Height: 11.0″
- Width: 6.5″
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Includes: HIGH DEMAND 9.0 Battery Pack, M18 & M12 Rapid Charger
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $279 (kit), $149 (bare)