ExMark Staris Stand-on Zero-Turn Mower Preview
If you’re stuck with just a zero-turn, or two, in your mowing arsenal, you may want to have a look at the new Exmark Staris stand-on zero-turn mowers. They come in two different models: the Exmark Staris E-series and Staris S-series. Both series stand in the commercial category, but the E-series is more compact, with the S-series being the full-size.
Another ZT Option is Exmark’s Prosumer Line: Exmark Radius X-Series ZT Review
Exmark Staris Stand-on ZT Models
Exmark doesn’t stray from the commercial roots with these Staris models. They include tubular steel frames with the same wall thickness you’re used to on the Lazer Z zero-turn. Along with the heavy-duty integrity, they’re shooting for more stability, traction, and maneuverability, regardless of cutting conditions. Items like the engine, fuel cell, and the battery are heavier items, so Exmark strategically located these on the Exmark Staris mowers.
The throttle controls, in conjunction with the reference bar, allow the user to adjust the desired speed of the Staris stand-on mower to a maximum or 10mph. All the user controls have been positioned to maximize efficiency for the operator. From raising and lowering the deck, to throttle and choke, everything is in eyesight and arms-reach.
Staris E-Series – Compact
The Exmark Staris E-Series stand-on comes in 3 different models: STE600GKA44300, STE600CKA36300, and STE600CKA32300. All three models are powered by the Kawasaki FS600V generating 18.5 hp. Of course, the main difference in these three models are the cutting widths, which are 44, 36, and 32 inches respectively. Top speed on the E-series compact stand-ons is 8 mph, which still gets the jobs done.
Exmark Staris S-Series and S-Series EFI Stand-on Mowers
If more power and and speed is what the doctor ordered, then you you want to step up to the Staris S-Series. The Staris S-series has a wider range of power options; from the Kawasaki FX651V and FX730V, both carbureted, to the Kohler ECV730 and ECV740 EFI, producing 23 and 25hp. Kohler’s EFI powerplants not only offer better performance, but they also deliver a little better efficiency as well. Hence, a little ROI for that larger up-front cost. Deck sizes for the s-series are 48, 52, and 60-inches.
All the S-series include the UltraCut Series 4 side-discharge cutting decks. A fold-away operator platform allows the user to quickly adapt for storage, on a trailer or in the shop.
You can find out more about the Exmark Staris stand-on mowers by clicking here or visiting your Exmark dealer.
Exmark Staris Stand-on Mower S-Series Specifications
- Models: STS651GKA48400, STS730GKA52400, STS730AKC52400, STS730GKA60400, and STS740EKC60400
- Engine Model: Kawasaki FX651V 20.5 hp, Kawasaki FX730V 23.5 hp, Kohler ECV730 EFI 23 hp, and Kohler ECV740 EFI 25 hp
Exmark Staris Stand-on Mower E-Series Specifications
- Models: STE600GKA44300, STE600CKA36300, and STE600CKA32300 (44″, 36″, and 32″)
- Tractor Frame Welded, heavy-duty 1.5″ x 3″ tubular steel.
- Front Caster Tires: 9 x 4.50-5
- Drive Tires: 21×7.00-10 Kenda K505
- Parking Brake: Lever-actuated bar
- Blade Spindles: Sealed spindles; 7.75″ diameter cutter housing, 1.75″ diameter splined blade driver, 1.0″-diameter shaft
- Electrical: 12-volt battery with 15-amp alternator.
- Casters: .38 thick caster yoke arms with sealed ball bearings
- Engine Model: Kawasaki FS600V
- Fuel System: Carbureted
- Engine Series: V-Twin
- Engine Speed: 3,600 rpm
- Displacement: 603 cc
- Drive System: Hydro-Drive
- Drive Description: Two Hydro Gear 10 cc pumps powering two Parker 12 cubic inch motors.
- Speed: Infinitely variable speed selection 0–8.0 mph (12.9 kmph) forward, 0–4.0 mph (6.4 kmph) reverse
- PTO Engagement: Warner 105 ft-lb clutch
- Fuel Capacity: 5-gallon (18.9-L), single fuel tank with single fill location.
- Fuel Indicator: Yes – Float Gauge
- Deck Lift Manual lift with hairpin from hole to hole for position adjustment.
- Carb Compliant: Yes
- Deck Construction: 7-gauge top, 7-gauge side skirt
- Deck Style: Floating Deck
- Width / Cutting Deck: 32″, 36″, 44″
- Cutting Heights: 1.0″ (2.54 cm) to 5.0″ (12.7 cm) in 0.50″ (1.27 cm) increments
- Blades: 2 Blades at 16.25″, 2 Blades at 18″, and 2 Blades at 22.25″ (32″, 36″, and 44″ Staris)
- Blade Tip Speed: Approximately 18,500 fpm.
- Length: 58.1, 58.1, and 61.7 (32″, 36″, and 44″ Staris)
- Height: 47.3, 47.1, and 47.1 (32″, 36″, and 44″ Staris)
- Curb Weight: 712, 720, and 737 lbs. (32″, 36″, and 44″ Staris)