Greenworks Battery Powered Zero Turn Mowers
Greenworks, a company known for their efforts at crafting eco-friendly OPE, has come out with a new line of mowers that continue to carry on the brand’s grand tradition. With the catchy new slogan, “redefining zero,” the new Greenworks battery powered zero turn mowers look to shake up the commercial landscape industry. By providing the only lithium-ion powered stand-on and ride-on mowers certified by the Underwriters Laboratory on the market, Greenworks hopes to redefine the way we look at commercial landscaping. As is the case with all battery powered OPE, both the 48″ stand-on and 60″ ride-on mowers use zero gas and produce zero emissions.
Lithium-Ion Riding Mowers
Both of the new Greenworks battery powered zero turn mowers operate on Greenworks’ 82V, 13.8kW Lithium-Ion battery system. With the 48″ stand-on model, you can expect 6 hours of continual cut time. With the 60″, Greenworks claims users will get 4.5 hours of continuous runtime. Charge times will fall around the 10-hour mark.
Both models feature 1.5kW brushless blade motors and 1.7kW brushless drive motors. In terms of get-up-and-go, the 48″ model has a top speed of 10 MPH, while the 60″ ride-on can reach a top speed of 16 MPH. Both mowers can reach blade tip speeds of up to 3200 RPM on the Turbo setting.
Both mowers feature steel decks and steel tubular frames. As well, both models include LED headlights and LCD control panel displays. With the 60″ ride-on model, the cut height can be adjusted automatically from the control panel, while the stand-on model has a manual adjustment.
We’ve received no word yet on what the Greenworks battery powered zero turn mowers will likely cost. We do know that they’ll come with a 3-year battery and motor warranty, as well as a 2-year frame warranty.
Greenworks Battery Powered Zero Turn Mowers Features
- 82-Volt Battery System
- 13.8 kW Lithium-Ion Battery
- Up to 4.5 Hours of Working Time
- 60-inch Steel Deck
- (3) 1.5 kW Brushless Blade Motors
- Automatic Height Adjustment from 1-1/2-inches to 6-inches
- LCD Display
- LED Headlights
- 3 Year Battery and Motor Warranty
- 2 Year Frame Warranty
Greenworks Battery Powered Zero Turn Mowers Specs
- SKU: 651612951 (48″ Stand-On)/ 651612951-1 (60″ Ride-On)
- Length: 68.5″/79″
- Width (With Discharge): 59.8″/73″
- Height: 51.2″/47″
- Weight: 1114.5 lbs/1321.5 lbs
- Cutting Width: 48″/60″
- Blades: 3
- Blade Length: 16.25″/20.5″
- Front Tire Size: 12X5-6/13X6.5-6
- Rear Tire Size: 18X9.5-8/23X10.5-12
- Forward Top Speed: 10 MPH/16 MPH
- Backward Top Speed: 5 MPH
- Cutting Height Range: 1″-6″
- Cutting Height Positions: 18/Stepless
- Height Adjustment: Manual/Automatic
- Blade Speed: 2800-3200 RPM
- Parking Brake: Electromagnetic
- Charge Time: 10 Hours
- Continuous Cutting Per Charge: 6 hrs/4.5 hrs
- Operating Temperature: 0-104° F
- CAN-BUS: Yes
- Certificate-ANSI Approval: Yes
For more information about the Greenworks Battery Powered Zero Turn Mowers, visit RedefiningZero.com .