Slime Prevents and Repairs Flats in Off-Highway Tires and Tubes
Slime tells us that it really doesn’t matter if your tires have a tube inside or if they’re tubeless. If you have a flat, the Slime 2-in-1 Tire and Tube Sealant will work to repair that hole in your tire so that you can get back to work quickly.
How Does It Work?
The Slime 2-in-1 Tire and Tube Sealant goes into your flat tire via the valve stem. Slime claims that this sealant seeks out and instantly seals tread area punctures up to 1/4″ in tires and up to 1/8″ in tubes. The pressure of the escaping air forces the “slime” into the opening, where the “Fibro-Seal” particles build up and intertwine to form a flexible plug to prevent air from escaping.
You can even use the Slime 2-in-1 Tire and Tube Sealant as a preventative measure. Slime claims that installing the sealant will provide up to two years of continuous protection against flat tires.
The Slime 2-in-1 Tire and Tube Sealant is designed for use in off-highway tires that keep speeds below 45 mph. It’s recommended for use with your (tubed) bicycle tires, dirt bikes, ATVs and UTVs, golf carts, riding lawn mowers, small trailers, tractors, scooters, and more.
Slime claims that the Tire and Tube Sealant is safe and easy to use, non-flammable, and cleans up with water. It can handle use in extreme temperatures, and it’s non-corrosive so it’s safe to use around rims. It should be noted that Slime will not seal punctures outside of the tread area.
You can buy Slime 2-in-1 Tire and Tube Sealant directly from the Slime website, or from big-box retailers like Walmart and Home Depot. Or you can pick it up from online retailers like Amazon. It comes in both 16 oz and 32 oz sizes, and it retails for around $10.27 and $14.77, respectively.
For more information about this product, or to take a look at the full line of Slime tire repair products, click here .
Slime Features and Specs
- Part: Slime #10194
- Instantly seals up to 1/4″ punctures in tires and 1/8” punctures in tubes
- Non-toxic and non-hazardous
- Non-corrosive, making it safe for tires and rims
- Environmentally friendly and cleans up with water
- Effective under the most extreme temperatures: Low freezing point of -35˚F (-37˚C) and a high separation point of 182˚F (82˚C)
- Uses Fibro-Seal technology
- Valve core removal tool included in the cap of the bottle
- Requires air
- Not approved for use in tubeless bicycle tires or in vehicle tires traveling highway speeds greater than 45 mph