Troy-Bilt 21-Inch Self-Propelled Mower with Electric Start TB290 ES
Troy-Bilt Mower Takes Care of the Light Work
Who wants to fritter their time and energy away with the mundanities of mowing? Checking your oil, adjusting your cut height, and even pull-starting the mower probably don’t take a ton of effort, but it’d be nice to avoid all of it and just get to work. The Troy-Bilt TB290 ES 21-inch self-propelled mower , with its stable of convenience features, does just that.
10-Second Summary• Model: Troy-Bilt TB290
• Push-button electric start
• Troy-Bilt Check, Don’t Change engine
• Variable speed front wheel drive
• Deck wash port
• Made in the USA using global parts
• 3-year warranty
• Price: $369
Get to Work Straightaway
The American-made Troy-Bilt TB290 ES takes the work out of mowing. It features Troy-Bilt’s Check, Don’t Change engine. Rather than worrying about actually changing out the oil, you just need to check the oil level and top it off as needed.
From there, you can use the dual-lever height adjustment to set your cutting height to one of any 6 positions ranging from 1.25″ to 3.75″.
Co-opting one of the advantages of battery power, the Troy-Bilt 21-inch mower includes electric push-button startup. Instead of wrestling with a pull cord/recoil startup, you can just hit the button, pull back on the lever to engage the self-propel drive system, and go.
The TB290 ES provides improved control over your speed and turning with a variable speed front-wheel drive. Many self-propelled models direct power to the rear wheels, which means that, when turning, you have to disengage the drive. With front-wheel drive, you just need to lift the mower and rotate as you would normally.
The TB290 ES comes feature Troy-Bilt’s TriAction Cutting System as well. This involves a rake bumper, specialized cutting blade, and symmetrical deck that all work to create finely mulched clippings and a clean cut every mow.
That said, you do have options when it comes to how you want to handle clippings. You can mulch, use the side-discharge chute, or bag your clippings in the 1.9-bushel bag.
When the job is done, the Troy-Bilt TB290 ES Self-Propelled Mower includes a deck wash adapter for easier cleanup. Simply attach your garden hose to the port to rinse out the clippings from the underside of the deck.
Pricing and Warranty
The Troy-Bilt TB290 ES Self-Propelled Mower comes with the brand’s XP Series 3-year limited warranty. It retails for $369, and you can find it from your local Troy-Bilt dealer or at a Home Depot near you.
Troy-Bilt Self-Propelled Mower Specs
- Model: Troy-Bilt TB290-ES
- Model Number: 12AGA2MT766
- Engine: Troy-Bilt 159 Series OHV
- Displacement: 159cc
- Starter Type: Standard electric start
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 1 qt.
- Engine Oil Capacity: 20 oz. 10W30
- Drive System: Front wheel self-propelled
- Speed: Single-lever with variable 4-speed
- Deck Cutting Width: 21 in.
- Deck Lift: Dual-lever height adjustment
- Height Range: 6 settings from 1.25 in. to 3.75 in.
- Wheels: 8 in. (front and rear)
- Dimensions: 36.5 in. x 24 in. x 17.5 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs.
- Discharge: Mulching, bagging, side-discharge
- Grass Bag: 1.9 bushel
- Warranty: 2-year limited
- Price: $369